Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The second racking.

The wine is pretty clear so far. I've put a sample into a wine glass and checked it out. It doesn't look cloudy at all. So far so good. But since the sample is already in a glass, I figure I'll have a taste. It still smells a bit young and it tastes kinda like a Charles Shaw wine. That's good I guess, because after it ages for a while, it should taste way better than $2BC.

Anyhoo, today is the second racking. I cleaned and sanitized my equipment, and siphoned all of the wine into a second carboy; glass this time, so I can see it. I think I took too much sediment during my first racking, so I'm going to try to leave more behind. My siphoning cane has a stopper on the bottom, so that it sits up an inch or so from the bottom. That should help.



Once this step is done, its another 2 weeks before bottling.




No comments:

Post a Comment